Time to brush off your leisure suit, folks.
The Paramount Theatre will celebrate the legend of Ron Burgundy and his Action News crew with a pub run, costume contest and movie screening on Tuesday, Jan. 13.
The run starts at 6 p.m., followed by the film at 7:45 p.m. Cost for both is $20. The movie by itself is $10.
Participants will walk or run to an as yet undisclosed nearby newsworthy destination and enjoy a pint of local brew before heading back to watch the movie. Everyone will get two tickets good for beer, soda or popcorn.
Registration and ID check begins at 6 p.m. at the Stateside Theatre, 719 Congress Ave. Proceeds benefit the historic Paramount Theatre. For more information go here. http://www.austintheatre.org/site/Calendar/1551530560?view=Detail&id=42521
And in honor of the movie, we now present some of our favorite “Anchorman” quotes:
- “I immediately regret this decision.” — Ron Burgundy
- “I love scotch. Scotchy scotch scotch. Here it goes down, down into my belly.” — Ron Burgundy
- “It is anchorman, not anchorlady. And that is a scientific fact.” — Champ Kind
- “Discovered by the Germans in 1904, they named it San Diego, which of course in German means ‘a whale’s vagina.’” — Ron Burgundy
- “Don’t act like you’re not impressed.” — Ron Burgundy
- “They’ve done studies, you know. 60 percent of the time, it works every time.” — Brian Fantana
- “I’ll have a Manhattan. And kick the vermouth to the side with a pair of steel-toed boots.” — Veronica Corningstone
- “I’m very important. I have many leather-bound books and my apartment smells of rich mahogany.” — Ron Burgundy
- “I love lamp.” — Brick Tamland