Want to get in shape but not sure how to start?
People looking for new ways to exercise are invited to Set Up for Fitness, where they can sample a variety of workouts without committing to a full class.
The event, scheduled for 2:30 to 5 p.m. Saturday at Northwest Recreation Center, 2913 Northland Drive, is geared toward people who haven’t worked out in a few years and want to get back into it. Admission is $5.
Experts will help participants find their best posture and show them what benefits they can gain from different types of classes.
Here’s the lineup:
- 2:30pm Greg Kaufman, Aston kinetics
- 2:45 p.m. Beth LaGrone, yoga
- 3 p.m Francie Shimaya and Kay Wentworth, Shen Zhen Qi Gong
- 3:45 p.m. Wayne Key, Tai Chi
- 4 p.m. Lance Olian of Austin Simply Fit, weight training
- 4:15 p.m. Julie Wylie, Nia (a cardio dance workout)
Participants should get a doctor’s approval before starting a new fitness program, event organizer and massage therapist Michelle Wald says. Those who haven’t trained recently should at their current fitness level, not the fitness level they reached the last time they exercised regularly.
For more information, go here.