Pizza, beer and climbing films? Check, check and check.
The Reel Rock Film Tour returns to Austin on Oct. 27, with a screening of short films about rock climbing at Stanley’s Farmhouse Pizza, 13187 Fitzhugh Road.
Cost is $10. For more information go here.
Here’s this year’s lineup:
- “Young Guns”: Two of the best young climbers in the world, 15-year-old Ashima Shiraishi and 16-year-old Kai Lightner, travel to Norway to test their skills.
- “Boys in the Bugs”: Elite rock climbers and world-class goofballs Will Stanhope and Matt Segal battle to climb a forbidding 5.14 finger crack high in the Canadian alpine wilderness of the Bugaboos.
- “Brette”: Rising talent Brette Harrington travels from her hometown granite in Squamish, British Columbia, to the big wall proving ground of Yosemite’s El Capitan and onto a landmark free solo in Patagonia.
- “Rad Dad”: Mike Libecki travels to the most remote corners of the globe to find unclimbed walls and establish first ascents. When he becomes a father, he has a new challenge – to reconcile his life of adventure with the demands of parenthood.
- “Dodo’s Delight”: Batten down the hatches for a madcap, musical adventure across open seas and up unclimbed big walls with Sean Villanueva O’Driscoll, Ben Ditto, and brothers Nico and Oliver Favresse.