Before you sit down to a Thanksgiving feast, we recommend some pre-emptive calorie burning. One of the most fun ways to do that? A turkey trot, of course. Check out the following Central Texas options:
- The Georgetown Turkey Trot includes a 5-mile run/walk, 1-mile walk, and a Kids Fun Run. The kids’ race begins at 7:45 a.m., followed by the other races at 8 a.m. All events start and finish at the corner of Main and Seventh streets in downtown Georgetown. Proceeds support Meals on Wheels of Williamson County, Friends of the Georgetown Parks (Park Pals) and the Caring Place, which will collect canned goods. Entry fee is $35 through Nov. 23; $40 on race day. Register here online through Wednesday or in person on race morning.
- The Thundercloud Subs Turkey Trot includes a 5-mile timed or untimed run, a 1-mile walk and a Kids K. The Kids K starts at 8:45 a.m., followed by the timed race at 9:30 a.m., the untimed at 9:35 a.m. and the 1-miler at 9:50 a.m. All events start and finish at the Long Center for the Performing Arts, 701 W. Riverside Drive. Afterward, enjoy live music by Cole Fried Fish and activities for kids. Entry fee is $35 for the 5-mile timed race, $30 for the untimed race, $25 for the 1-mile walk, and $10 for the Kids K (add $5 for race morning signups). To register go here. Proceeds benefit Caritas of Austin.
- For information about the Buda run, go to https://runsignup.com/Race/TX/Buda/BudaTurkeyTrot.
- For information about the Cedar Park turkey trot, go to https://runsignup.com/Race/TX/CedarPark/CedarParkTurkeyDay5K.
- For information about the Round Rock turkey trot, go to https://runsignup.com/Race/TX/RoundRock/InauguralRoundRockTurkeyTrot.
- For information about the Dripping Springs turkey trot, go to https://runsignup.com/Race/TX/Austin/DrippinwithThanks5KandFamilyFunRun.